5.12.17

3 Ways to supercharge an all-black outfit.


There's something about an all-black outfit that just says 'Hello, I ooze sophistication, I'm pretty damn trendy yet I've put in minimal effort.'

I think the above is an aesthetic I lean to more often than not. I like to look well put together with an air of, I don't give a f*ck. All-black outfits can be pretty bland if you stick to one fabric type or one trend BUT the real magic of a head to toe black look comes via the attention to detail. 

Mix up your fabric types, play around with silhouettes and throw in some fabulous details and you have a recipe for a standout all-black look.

  



Here are my top tips for turning heads with your jet black look...

1) Wear different fabric types

I remember when I would wear a black jersey pencil skirt (Do you guys know the ones I'm talking about? Approx £7.99 from H&M and I livedddddd in them) black jersey leggings and black jersey tops. Looking back, I'm not sure they were my greatest looks tbh...

Keep things exciting and try pairing different materials like I have in this look. I've got a knit jumper on with cotton sleeves, a leather skirt and mesh/satin high heels. There's a lot going on...but I like it!

2) Play around with silhouettes

Big sleeves, check. Cropped jumper, check. Leather pencil skirt, check. Paper bag waistband, check. Pointed booties, check. I love how the cropped jumper allows the top of the skirt to do all the talking yet the sleeves make sure the jumper also stands out. The balloon shaped sleeves are really current and on trend right now and the tie detail on the cuffs make me one happy bunny!

3) Accessorise 

Whether you add a faux fur stole, or statement tassel earrings...there will always be tonnes of black accessories out there to help jazz up an all-black outfit. 
I love the mix of vinyl and matte so have a play around with accessories and remember; with black...more is more! Don't forget all the fun you can have playing around with different shoes...I love velvet heels for instance and faux fur cuffs on the end of a fine knit jumper look SO good!

Here are some of my favourite jet black accessories currently online...





 


1. Cropped Jumper | 2. Skirt | 3. Wide Fit Heels | 4. Earrings, similar here 



Photographs by JKGPhotography

What do you guys think of this all-black look? Thumbs up or thumbs down? 
Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig