23.1.18

5 Looks You Need from M&S Curve


If you follow me on social media you will have seen me discussing my involvement in the recent launch of the M&S Curve range. I was privileged enough to help consult on the range as well as design two LBD's to co-inside with the launch.

When I started my blog, if you would have told me I would move into consultancy work and design work; I wouldn't have believed you. I started my blog as a hobby and now look at me! I am so lucky to be able to say I absolutely love my job! Blogging has enabled me to branch off into so many different creative outlets and long may it continue. In 2018, my two main goals are that I want to do more consultancy work and more design work. I can't wait to see if I manage to achieve either/both of these goals!



M&S Curve launched 33 pieces online on the 9th January and today see's the collection expand to a total of 100 pieces. Ranging from size 18-32, M&S Curve has been designed with the curve customer in mind and the attention to detail across the range is evident. The Curve collection, for instance, is designed on a size 24 block (as a posed to a size 12 for main range) and details like this mean that our plus size bodies are really taken into consideration from start to finish.

This first SS17 drop comprises of casual daywear pieces, basics, evening wear and fantastic fitting denim. You can see below my edit of favourite pieces and let's not forget the two LBD's I designed! I took my ideas to M&S and they allowed me to design a dress from scratch. We designed three styles with the aim of launching one BUT I/they liked two styles so much...they let me take two to production.

My Curve Edit

Here's a selection of my favourite SS17 M&S Curve pieces.



 My Top 5 Curve Looks

Look 1

Take one sleeveless LBD, add THE comfiest faux leather biker jacket and voila, you have a chic look suitable for a day at work or after work drinks with your friends. The hardwear fastening at the waist and fabric mix make this dress a really unique piece for plus size women.

I am wearing the M&S wide fit trainers in this look (as well as some of the below looks) and FYI they are really comfortable. I am so proud of this dress. Designing this one, along with the dress is Look 3 is one of my proudest achievements.






Look 2

This look incorporates some of my fave things. Cool grey denim, a crisp white shirt and a statement jacket. This sleeveless trench is the softest thing you'll ever feel and is so god damn cool. Style with the collar up and tie the waist belt in a chunky knot.





Look 3

My favourite look from the collection! I may be biased, but I LOVE this Little Black Dress that I designed. I especially love the mesh 3/4 sleeves, the gathered fabric at the waist and the free-flowing strip of fabric at the yoke of the dress. Fling a leather jacket over your shoulders and either style down with trainers or up, with chunky heels.





Look 4

A great fitting jumpsuit is a wardrobe essential in my opinion. They are so versatile and suit everyone no matter your age. I kept this look very simple by styling with a chunky high heel to let the jumpsuit do all the talking. This jumpsuit would also look great worn with flats/trainers.





Look 5

The perfect spring dress. I love the back-waist belt and the way this dress really pulls me in. The colour is muted and looks so good styled with monochrome accessories. I have styled this occasion wear dress for a daytime look BUT add some killer heels and this would be perfect for a wedding or fancy dinner.




Photography by JKGPhotography 

                                                       *This post is written in collaboration with M&S but all words and opinions are my own.
Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig