17.8.17

I just want to dress like my thin friends.


As a plus size woman, are you still putting limits on yourself when it comes to fashion and the choices you make in regards to dressing yourself/expressing your personality? If you are...please, please try and put a stop to it. As plus size women, we have enough limitations placed upon us. We get told off for wearing certain things, we get shamed in the magazine 'Do's & Don'ts' columns and half the time we dress in a way that isn't even how we'd truly like to dress!

One of my biggest issues is the fact we are still so limited to the amount of great, fashionable pieces available to us. There's no denying the fact, we've come a long way but, I JUST WANT TO DRESS LIKE MY THIN FRIENDS! 






I personally make it a mission of mine every week to find cool, minimal pieces online/in store and let me tell you; it's tricky! Need some ruffles...you're sorted. Need a ditsy print dress...you're sorted. Need a pair of bland, denim skinny jeans...you're sorted!

Where are all the Scandinavian inspired pieces? I love wearing all those things I've just listed, BUT I also want to look like Sweden has just thrown up on me. Think minimal, tailored, relaxed cuts, over size options, crisp cotton pieces, hardware fastenings, muted colour palettes... I want it allllllllll!

WE NEED MORE!





Does anyone else agree with me when I say that they aren't able to dress 100% how they would like to? One thing I know is that I would dress SO different if I actually had the clothes available to me in my size. There are a lot of brands out there trying but I just want them to try harder!

Often, the fit is terrible, the designs are an after thought and don't get me started on the fact so many plus ranges still only go up to a 24/3XL.

I will keep being adventurous, trying things that aren't "meant for me" and getting creative when it comes to styling/wearing smaller sizes... I just wish we had the same options as everyone else...



SHOP MY OUTFIT




1. White shirt also available in plus size here | 2. Jeans | 3. Bag | 4. Earrings | 5. Trainers 

I found this amazing sleeveless shirt in the Tall section but I am happy to report they have just bought it out in the plus size range as well...more of this please!



Fab Photographs by JKGPhotography 


What items do you still long for in larger sizes?

Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig