1.8.17

Forget culottes, it's all about the wide leg trousers


Guys, I'm not sure where the sun has gone but in the last few weeks I've had to put the culottes away and replace them with full length trousers. I'm not too angry though as look at them; they're kind of great, right? 

I recently spent the day with Elvi where I styled two beautiful ladies as part of a competition. These wide leg trousers were one of the pieces I was able to use and I instantly fell in love with them. I am big on pleats, as you can see from this post and this post and I love that these trousers are a different colour to the usual black/grey/blue that we are normally subjected to. Rust/burnt tobacco is such a sexy colour. It is SO underrated and I need more of this colour in my life. 




Wide leg trousers are an excellent go-to if you're sick of your jeans or skirts. A half way house between a maxi skirt and a trouser and my god are they breezy! I like that no one needs to know whats going on under the trousers and you can just swish, swish (bish) past everyone.

Wide leg trousers are so easy to style! Here are some of the ways I plan on styling them:

1) Wear with a platform heel for serious 70's glamour.
2) Add a roll neck jumper and leather jacket when it starts to get even colder.
3) Dress down with a slogan tee and Adidas Superstars.




SHOP MY LOOK

1. *Wide Leg Trousers | 2. *Top | 3. Sunglasses | 4. Clutch Bag | 5. Trainers - (now on sale!) | 6. Earrings - (sold out, but look at these beauties)



I felt really quite elegant in this outfit and I'm making a mental note of this warm, rusty colour palette because I need to wear more of this combination - it made me feel really happy! I love the pops of colour that come from the waistband on the trousers and my fave sunglasses.

Do you ladies like wide leg trousers or are they a new style for you? 


Photographs by JKGPhotography 
Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig