5.3.18

London Fashion Week AW18


London Fashion Week was short and sweet for me this season. I only managed to attend 2 out of the 5 days, which even for me (somoeone with a chronic pain condition) is pretty crappy. My Fibromyalgia has hit me really hard recently and it has severly restricted the amount of work and fun I've been able to have.

For the two days I did attend, I of course slayed my outfits and loved what I managed to do/see; so not all was lost! There is a lot of preparation that goes into Fashion Week, maybe I should write a post on this another time? There's the applying for shows, scheduale planning, visiting gifting suites and pre LFW events, the outfit planning and sourcing items from fashion PR companies. For me, I also have to prep for the pain I am going to feel and the lack of rest etc. It's a busy time for me, but becuase I love Fashion Week so much; it's a process I am willing to do every time LFW comes around.


Here's what I wore on...

Day 1...

After recently getting my hair cut at Josh Wood Salon (they are SO great there by the way) I started to think about wearing a beret. Strange thought process I know, but I love a split fringe and how they look with a beret, so that was the starting point to my first look!

I've never really worn a hat before as I don't feel like most of them suit me, but oh my god,  I'm here for how great a beret looks on me! I picked this very affordable one from ASOS, but now that I know I like the style, I might branch out and get a pricier one!

Next up, I spotted this check pinafore and fell in love! I have wanted something like this in plus sizes for soooo long! Asos Curve came through! I previewed this dress at the SS18 press day and noticed they had a matching blazer. Sadly this isn't on the site yet but as I knew I wanted to wear the dress with a matching jacket; I searched for a similar check coat. ASOS came through yet again (seriously where would us plus size girls be without ASOS?) This check jacket is from their main range and is a size 18. I am currently wearing size 20 jackets, so if you're a similar size to me; this jacket is also going to work for you.

For my accessories I wore my comfy wide fit ankle boots (similar linked below), they have a teeny tiny kitten heel and meant I could walk comfortably, all day without my feet hurting - something that is very important during LFW! As I was building the outfit up, I realised a little backpack would suit this look perfectly so yet again...I turned to ASOS. Can anyone else notice a strong theme here for this look? The red of the bag ties in with the stripe in the side of the jacket and I also grabbed my old red sunnies as I was going out the door. I love the round frames with this look. 




Photographs c/o The Apt.

Shop My Look

1. Check Pinafore Dress | 2. Check Jacket | 3. Beret | 4. Backpack | 5. Sunglasses - Mango, similar here | 6. Ankle Boots - M&S, similar here | 7. Tights 

-------------------------------------------------------

Day 2...

For the second day at LFW, I wanted to wear a classic "Danie" outfit with a touch of sexiness... oi oiiii! Enter, the sheer bodysuit. When I recently dropped into the Pretty Little Thing HQ, I had a browse for items I could style up and noticed this bodysuit. True to size, good old poppers at the crotch and a great red stripe detail... it was an instant hit with me. I also attended a pre- LFW gifting suite at River Island and they gifted me some bomb pieces including the wide leg trousers I decided to wear. I initially wanted to wear a very on trend, all polka dot outfit but I couldn't resist pairing the bodysuit with the trousers. They're high waisted with a paper bag waist, and boy are they comfortable and fashionable - you guys need to try them out!

To keep me warm (guys can we talk about HOW COLD IT IS here in London?) I trawled online for the perfect coat to accompany this look. I always love white clothes, which I know are highly impractical, but I can't resist them. This white coat is an absolute dream, and I wore it normally (arms through the sleeves like a normal person) and in true blogger style (over the shoulders), and it gave such a chic edge to the look. The coat is again from main range ASOS, but it's oversized and would work for anyone who wears up to a 24.

The absolute STEAL of the weekend was my cheap, cheap, mega cheap sunglasses from eBay. Have you guys noticed all of the slim sunnies out at the moment? I love these as they've got a sliced cat eye look about them. You cant argue with £1.99 guys, can you? 




Photographs by Mateusz Sitek

Shop My Look

1. *Bodysuit | 2. *Trousers | 3. Coat | 4. Bag | 5. Sunglasses | 6. Earrings - Mango | 7. Trainers 


The highlight of my LFW this season was being invited to stay at the Rosewood Hotel courtesy of IQOS. They put us up in the most gorgeous, IQOS friendly rooms – as IQOS has no ash, no smoke or lingering smell I didn’t have the fear of making my clothes and hair smell after everyone left my room – amazing! The rooms were stunning and made getting ready for shows and the evening shenanigans at an IQOS friendly bar, an absolute dream.

London Fashion Week, I'll see you in September!


Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig