28.9.15

LFW Day 1 | A hint of Victoriana

For Day 1 of London Fashion Week I wanted to mix old with new and I wanted to tackle an emerging Autumn/Winter trend which is being called 'Victoriana'.

I chose a high neck Victorian shirt from eBay and decided to adorn my shoulders with a feather piece to create a darkly decadent vintage look. The Victoriana trend focuses on sheer fabrics, lace details, victorian frills, luxurious embellishments and designers such as Sarah Burton at Alexander McQueen and Givenchy executed this trend perfectly in their AW15 shows.

To add a modern twist to this look I chose my old asos skirt which is a uk14 (just goes to show, you should try something on if you like the look of it - ignore the size labels!) and I decided that because I was going to do a lot of walking that day; I'd wear my comfy holographic shoes and frilly socks. LFW is tough for a "normal" bodied person but seeing as I suffer with Fibromyalgia; sometimes comfort has to come above style. I would have liked to have worn my black heels but I'm glad I went with chunky and comfy!





SHOP THE VICTORIANA TREND




Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig