18.10.16

How to style a party dress for the daytime


We all have those party dresses hanging in the wardrobe that only come out at Christmas time or for your best mates, 80s revival birthday party. You know the ones? They are neglected for 3/4's of the year and if I'm honest with you; I totally forget they are there half the time!

I was kindly sent a few bits from Simply Be and one of the pieces I thought I'd show you is this incredible *Embellished Cami Dress. I had visions of wearing it during the festive period and spilling bottles of prosecco down it, but when rooting in my wardrobe the other day; it fell to the floor who am I kidding it was already on the floor thanks to my floordrobe and I gave myself the task of turning this statement dress into something a little more wearable. I did this recently with a statement jacket in this post and I enjoyed the outcome I must say! 

Wearing a slip dress, wether it's embellished or not screams 90's to me. This is especially true when layered over a T-shirt. Once I'd paired this dress with a white tee; I thought I'd run with the whole 90's theme and I added a choker, over size denim jacket and my old chunky white shoes to tie it all together. There are a number of different ways you could style a dress like this. Try wearing it over a crisp white shirt or over a roll neck jumper. Fish net tights with the dress would look incredible and so would a satin duster jacket worn over the shoulders. 









I just quickly wanted to mention the *Faux Shearling Denim Jacket. I was recently gifted this by ASOS and I sized up to a 22 (I normally like to wear 18s in my jackets) as I wanted an oversized look to it. I have also given it a little personalised update with patches. This is such an easy way to customise something and there are lots of cute patches/badges out there now a days. Check out some of my faves below. 


Photographs by JKGPhotography


SHOP MY LOOK






1. Embellished Cami Dress | 2. White T-shirt similar long sleeved version here | 3. Denim Jacket | 4. Rose badge | 5. Tights in sizes S-XL (I wear an L at size 20)  | 6. White Shoes similar here 7. Plus Size Choker 



Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig