25.5.17

The London Hilton Bankside - A review


Now, I have a confession's to make... I should have posted this post a longggg time ago but for some reason, I didn't get round to it. I'm going to rectify that now and crack on with this little review of the wonderful London Hilton Bankside.

Back in February during London Fashion Week, I was given the opportunity to stay at the London Bankside for a night and from the welcome at reception to the impeccably fluffy pillows; I can't really fault it. Situated in heart of London, the Hilton Bankside was perfectly placed for my week at Fashion Week. A short taxi ride from the centre and I was at the hotel and ready to throw myself onto my Hilton Serenity Bed *aka one of the comfiest beds I've ever slept on. Important to note how close this hotel also is to numerous underground stations such as Southwark and Blackfriars. If its sight seeing you're after, the hotel is super close to landmarks like The Tate Modern and Shakespeare's Globe.

The London Hilton Bankside is 'a new breed of design-driven Hotels' and I couldn't agree more. The hotel feels fresh, modern and well looked after. 

For my stay, I simply needed a fully functioning, clean room, a hearty breakfast, a powerful shower and somewhere to store all my fashion week outfits. I am happy to say; all my needs were met (bar the breakfast which you can read about at the end of the post)



My Room

I stayed in a King Deluxe Room and you know when you first walk in and see your room - you pray you're going to be happy don't you?! I seriously was and I was really impressed with the interior design of the room/ *entire hotel actually. The hotel is really nice and clean (one of the things that I find seriously important) and I was impressed with all the little extras scattered around the room and bathroom. There was also a bathrobe for me to wear... love a good bathrobe guys! A small, but very important thing which made me happy was that the bathroom had flannels in it. You'd be surprised at how many hotels don't have them and I hate having to pack one when I stay away.

The mini fridge was stocked with various drinks, there was plenty of tea and coffee to get stuck into and I stayed up into the early hours watching films on the in-room movie channel. 

I was a happy camper!

Please note, these photos were taken the following morning. I promise the bed looked perfect when I arrived!




Plenty of space to store my LFW pieces, plus an iron in the room because... let's be honest, I crease everything and you can't rock up to fashion week looking like a mess can you!





Onto my second confession...I was SO tired thanks to fashion week that I over slept and missed breakfast. I was gutted about this because a) hotel breakfasts are LIFE and b) it meant I didn't get to take any snaps for you! Hilton Bankside, if you're reading this...I could always come back for another stay and review the breakfast for you...wink wink, nudge nudge! 

I mentioned it at the start of the post, but one thing that really impressed me was the service. Nothing was too much trouble and you were always greeted with a smile - such a simple yet important thing! 

                                                                                                              Photography by Derek Bremner

Thank you to London Hilton Bankside for my stay. For more details on the rooms and hotel itself, be sure to check their site and social channels
Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig