20.7.17

How to wear Patchwork denim


In recent weeks I have become obsessed with the classic American combo of red, white and blue and a certain Spring 2017, Ready-To-Wear collection has most certainly had something to do with this obsession.

Back in February, Tommy Hilfiger showcased his 2017 collection in LA and we saw a range made up of signature sportswear looks, patch work denim with strong boho vibes and everythingggggg was embroidered. As soon as I saw this catwalk collection I knew I wanted to recreate a look pronto!




Finding this particular pair of patchwork jeans started the ball rolling and I was instantly drawn to them for a number of reasons. 1) They scream 90's sportswear 2) I have yet to venture into the world of patchwork denim and 3) they're from ASOS so I knew if I hated them I could return them for free...it's the small things that get me haha. 





Patchwork denim has been around for a hot minute and everyone who is anyone has been spotted wearing it. I love the customised vibe of these jeans and the fact they look a little bit DIY. As mentioned in a previous post (here) I LOVE embroidery and the 3D rose patches on these jeans really spoke to me. They're so beautiful, right? 

I decided to go full blown 90s sportswear when it came to styling these jeans and I absolutely love this look if I'm honest with you. Imagine my delight when looking at the Tommy Hilfiger section on ASOS and I spotted this cropped hoody (now sadly out of stock). I'm heavily into the combo of the classic red, navy, and white and the fact the cropped sits happily on top of the high waisted Mom jeans. If you fancy trying these jeans; why don't you fully embrace the 90's sportswear vibe like I have? You might just love it!





                                                                                                          Photography by JKGPhotography


I finished off the look with these teeny diamond frame sunnies and don't laugh...but I am obsessed with martial art/Kung Fu shoes at the moment and to continue the red and white theme; I wore my newest ying yang/Wushu plimsolls which you can buy here

Shop my look

1. Jeans | 2. Cropped Hoodie (out of stock, similar here) | 3. Plimsolls | 4. Sunglasses (different colour way available now)


Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig