23.2.15

LFW Day 3 outfit

This weekend we saw the fashion elite descend on London and unless you've been living under a rock; you will have noticed it was London Fashion Week. I was lucky enough to attend a show on day three and spent some time people watching in Somerset House. I tell you what ladies, something inside me has been ignited. I have always loved fashion and followed trends, been interested in emerging designers etc but this was the first time I was able to be part of it and I am going to make sure that this is the first of many! I know everyone else who attends gets to go to lots of different shows and they know all the inside secrets and they are well versed in the ways of LFW but for me this was my first time and now I've had a taste of it... I just want more and more!

I attended the Derek Lawlor for Ethologie show in ME London and it was incredible. I've known Derek for a long time and it is always a pleasure to see his intricate knit designs and to see how his work progresses each year. He is such a humble chap and his work is so impressive - check out his work here and pics from his show can be found on his Instagram/Facebook accounts.

WHAT I WORE

The 70s trend for AW15 is going to be huge and it has already started to appear in stores. There was a lot of 70s inspired shows this year - my favourite being Burberry's AW show. I decided I wanted to wear a 70s style outfit and I started to build my outfit around this incredible anorak from H&M. A note about the sizing of this jacket - I am wearing a UK14 and as you know I am a UK20 so this proves you should try on things, regardless of what the label says! I love the thick scuba material and the bold tobacco colour. I attached a pink faux fur stole to it and something I love about the 70s trend is the fact that pairing colours like orange, brown and pink somehow looks amazing.
You'll notice from my pics that I'm wearing a polo neck. Many of you are probably shaking your head and saying "You shouldn't wear polo necks as they aren't flattering"...well as I've mentioned before, I don't always dress to flatter my figure, you don't need to either and as long as you like something and feel good in it; you should wear it! This navy polo neck is from Marks and Spencers and I am glad I decided to try this style because I think it complimented the 70s vibe perfectly.
My skirt is from the Look Magazine range for Simply Be and I've worn it so many times since getting it last year. I love how the colours match the anorak perfectly and I picked up the blue in the skirt by wearing 'Malibu' by Barry M on my nails. My necklace is a mega old ASOS jobby and it was great to wear it again. Suede is a key fabric for this era and the thought of wearing a jacket or skirt might seem a little daunting so I introduced it into my outfit via my roll top clutch bag.
My orange ring is from Topshop, the small semi precious stone ring is also from Topshop and so are my boots which are sadly out of stock now and finally, my lippy is from MAC and the shade is called Chili.






Photographs by David Connolley 
Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig