25.1.16

Build a look | Western

I thought I'd start a little series here on the blog called 'Build a Look'. I want to take one plus size garment, build an entire look around this item and show you how you can easily take on the latest or emerging trends.

This week I wanted to start with a trend that has trickled down to the high street after being heavily featured on the catwalks. The 'Western' trend focuses heavily on denim, suede and fringing. I must admit, much like the 70's trend I wasn't a fan at first but the more I see this trend; the more I like it.

I took one long sleeve denim dress and went accessory mad when building this look! I think the cape draped over the shoulders and secured with the belt (on the outside) would look so cute. You could brave the cold weather and go 'tight free' or you could easily wear this look with a lovely thick pair of 200 Denier tights. The cute suede booties are wide fit and I love the light stone colour. Finish off the look with your tassel bag and tassel earrings and you're ready to ride off into the sun set!



Would you take on this trend and what do you think of the look that I've put together?
Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig