12.12.16

My ever evolving style


I can feel my style evolving guys!

 For the last few years I have been stalking a few style influencers such as Courtney Rose Butler, Alicia Roddy, Alexandra Douby and even male influencers like my friend Charley Van Purpz. For as long as I've followed them, I have really admired their sense of style. I love how they mix fabrics/shades, combine feminine and masculine shapes, the way they combine colours to create monochromatic outfits and the way they style certain pieces in unexpected ways. You should check them all out on Instagram; I love their pages. 

I have long thought "I wish I could dress more like them". I know what you're thinking, you're thinking "But Danie, you can dress how ever you like" BUT if the types of pieces these people wear aren't available for my size body; how am I ever going to emulate their style?

You can make do with what you have but I'm fed up of doing that. I want what everyone else has and I want to be able to dress in the way I truly want to. I don't want my style to be dictated by my size anymore!

Thankfully, I have noticed a real change in the plus size fashion scene. Finally brands are listening to us and providing us with cooler, edgier items. I've really noticed a change in the last 6 months. We still have a long way to go but I am happy with where we are headed. It is no secret that I love straight size brands like COS, Monki, ACNE and ASOS White and I love that they have oversize pieces that we can make work (for that I am grateful) but;  I just want need more!

I am excited for 2017 and the outfits I'll put together, I feel like my style has really come into it's own in the last 12 months and I am looking forward to where the plus size fashion scene takes us all in 2017.








Photographs by JKGPhotography 

SHOP MY STYLE




1. Denim Jacket (Sold out ASOS White, similar here) | 2. Frayed Denim Jeans | 3. Colour Block Shirt | 4. *Converse | 5. Puffa Bag (Sold out online Zara, still available in stores)



Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig