19.12.16

Pleated Party Wear


A strong AW16 trend that cannot go unnoticed is the pleated skirt. If you haven't seen them online/instore/on your bestie or all over your Instagram newsfeed; then where the hell have you been?

I find that these skirts are so easy to dress up or down. They are really versatile and if you haven't invested in one, I suggest you give one a go; I don't think you'll be disappointed! The most common way I have seen these skirts styled is with a pair of flats, brogues or even trainers work and worn with a classic, round neck jumper. It's such a simple, chic look and one that I think I will be channeling come Christmas Day!

If you want to vamp up the pleated skirt and wear it to the office during the day and then to the Christmas party in the evening then simply glam up the footwear and accessories! It's as simple as that.
 If you like a heel, go for it but to be honest... if there's a free bar to hand, sometimes flats are better anyway! These skirts suit ankle boots as well and even knee high boots. I told you they were versititle! I glammed this look up by adding a fancy (yet very soft and comfy top), a killer heel, slicking back my hair and adding a slick of red lippy.
Simple yet effective I'd say!

I hope you are all enjoying your festive frolics, let me know on social media what you have been wearing and if you've rocked a pleated skirt this winter.








Photographs by JKGPhotography 

Shop My Look



Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig