29.12.13

Christmas Day - Comfort vs Glam.

I thought I would show you what I decided to wear this year for Christmas Day. I wanted to mix glam with comfort as I knew there would be plenty of eating and drinking involved so it was definitely not a day for one of my beloved body cons! I wanted to look glam whilst being comfy so I tried to think of what I had and what would help me achieve this look.

This Velvet Skater Dress* from Topsy Curvy had been hanging in my wardrobe for a while and I had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to wear it. In the lead up to Christmas Day I thought about it and quickly tried it on and decided I would team it with something jazzy for the day.

The dress is such a lovely thick velvet and feels like a good quality garment. I like the rich, deep red colour, it's got a pinky tone to it which feels very festive but not as harsh as a proper red would look with the contrasting black leopard print marks. I think it's a lovely dress and I like how the skirt flares out. I would say that it is super short so a thick legging or set of tights will be needed with this dress. No biggie though.



The jacket is in my top 5 most favourite garments I have ever, ever bought. It's a vintage piece from Stockholm and I bought it whilst I was living there. The black knit shows off the sequins and jewels perfectly and I get so much pleasure from wearing it. I wear it winter after winter and I never tire of it. It's just so utterly fabulous don't you think? Like most vintage stuff, it's made so well... it's only just starting to look a little worn in places but nothing a little sewing couldn't fix. I just need to learn how to sew properly now! You would never have thought I did a Textile degree would you? I can't sew at all!!

The door knocker earrings are such a statement. They are HUGE, so big and obnoxious, I love them. I love, love, love them. They are from River Island and sadly I can't see them on the site any more. There are plenty of big earrings out there though, Asos and Galibardy are my two fave places for statement jewellery.

The boots are a few years old now, so many people ask about them and its a shame they aren't available any longer. I liked my first pair so much; I bought a second pair and I'm so happy I did as I wear them every week!

For my makeup I did my usual black eyeliner flicks, lashings of mascara and I mixed two lippies together to get the exact colour I wanted. I mixed Urban Decays Supersaturated Lip Pencil in 'Adrenaline' and Sleep Makeups lipstick in 'Fuchsia'.

Such a pouter! Excuse the fuzzy pic, it was taken with my camera on the back of my iPhone.

Much food and wine was consumed and napping and game playing happened and the dress stayed on all day, I didn't feel uncomfortable at all and I only changed when it was late and I fancied slipping into something a little more comfortable, sadly I don't mean anything sexy, just fluffy pjs I'm afraid!

If you celebrate Christmas, I hope you had a fab day! What did you wear? Was it a comfortable number or did you go all out glam?


Blogger template by pipdig