5.12.13

What I wore to an event at Debenhams.

On monday evening I attended an event at the new Debenhams on Oxford Street. The best thing about the evening was seeing my friends, drinking copious amounts of champagne, wandering round the gorgeous new store and the goody bags. So, I'm aware that it's not very cool/the done thing to say you loved the goody bags when talking about an event but to be fair they were pretty epic. I also absolutely loved the outfit I chose to wear for it!



The mega lovely Charlotte from SimplyBe sent me a few items to review and one of the pieces I chose was this awesome fit and flare dress. I think the print is brilliant. So, we've got on trend tartan and then they've added an ombre effect to the bottom of it and then they've sprinkled it with leopard print; genius! At first I thought it looked like it wasn't going to fit but once I pulled it over my head I realised everything was going to be a-ok. I ordered my normal size in SimplyBe clothes (Uk20) and it is perfect. I fancied mixing up the accessories a bit and went with a black boot from Office with tan bag...cuuurrrazy I know! 'Clarins Red' by Clarins is of course on my lips and lets not forget my ultimate Galibardy 'Amber' necklace which I see they have re stocked this year...go go go!



The evening was a celebration of the newly opened store and there was an itinerary of things that you could do during the evening but my priority was having a laugh with my girls, drinking the place dry and trying to stop myself from spending a fortune.





I did really well on all fronts I feel. There was 15% off everything in store or you could get £10 off a £50 spend. Now, I have zilch money at the moment so the whole £50 spend malarky was out of the question but I did find myself drooling over the Urban Decay counter and I have to admit I did end up purchasing one of their Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colors. I ummed and arred about which colour to get and ended up buying the very sparkly hot pink shade called Adrenaline. I will probably do a proper blog post over the next few days to show you what that one looks like.


We wandered abound the store and in different areas of the store you were able to meet and chat to different designers that sell in the store. We ended up meeting and chatting to a bed linen designer called Vicki Murdoch who was so lovely. As you may or may not know, I am a big print lover and design textiles myself. Vicki's prints are super cool. I LOVED the swan designs and don't get me started on her actual shirt she was wearing. If you want to see more of her work you can check it out here. The heart/swan jobby is definitely on my Christmas list.


Check the print out on her shirt...soooo good! 
The way she draws reminds me of how I like to draw. I really like the simplicity of the designs. 

We ventured back up to the food hall where we drank yet more champagne and were also given our goody bags. I didn't actually get a shot of what was inside my bag but I could do a haul if you guys wanted to see? I have plenty of pics of us all holding said goody bags with big grins on our faces or sitting near them if that makes any difference?



Excited girls! It doesn't take much to make us happy! 
After we had finished at the event we headed next door to MEATliquor for some serious food action and then a wander back down Oxford Street made me smile. It sank in that I would be returning here in the new year, to live and that I would be permanently with my friends again and that I am about to start a new chapter in my life. I cannot wait!

The Christmas lights looked so lovely and I found myself appreciating them far more than when it was rush hour a few hours previous!

I hope you enjoyed this mish mash of a post! What do you think of my new dress guys?

Blogger template by pipdig