15.4.14

Criss Cross

You may or may not know but Boohoo recently launched a plus size range and after attending their launch event (which you can read about here) I was kindly asked to pick some pieces to review.

One of the pieces I chose was this criss cross print swing dress. Being a fan of black and white, this swing dress caught my eye and I thought it would be a perfect jazzy basic to own.

Now, as you will have read from my previous boohoo post, I am a fan of this range. I am happy us bigger girls now have another high street shop to shop in, I am happy it is a very affordable range, I am happy with how this collection looks and I am excited to watch it grow and change each season. I am sadly not entirely happy with this dress.

The print is brilliant. I love the monochrome, un-even painted feel to it. I like that it is a swing dress with long arms, perfect for this time of year when just as the sun comes out, it is covered up by a huge fluffy cloud. I like that the neck line isn't too high. I have a few swing dresses and the necklines are all very high. With this one, I find it is a good shape on me and means you get to see a teeny bit of flesh!

There are two issues with this dress that mean that for me, it's not ideal. The length is wayyyyyy too short and I would 100% not wear this without a thick pair of leggings. The fabric is also a little too flimsy as well. I like that it is cotton and feels very cool on, but being so thin...it shows every lump and bump I have. I sized up in this style, to a 22 and normally that would mean a dress like this would be huge on me, but actually...I could have even done with going up to a 24! I have heard quite a few bloggers discussing the sizing issues so I hope this is something they will take on board as they receive more feedback.



Dress - c/o Boohoo
Boots - old River Island
Bag - old Topshop
Sunglasses - New Look
Necklace - Topshop
Lipstick - Chanel in La Diva
I paired this dress with some patent cut out boots, a bright pink bag, my new clear sunnies, perspex and gold chain necklace and a slick of my favourite Chanel lippy. I am actually reasonably happy with how the photos came out and will continue to wear this dress but I am sadly not in love with it. I do however LOVE the other item I was gifted and am looking forward to showing you that gem! I will find the perfect thing to wear with it and make sure I post about it asap.

Please excuse how few and far between my blog posts have been and I apologise in advance for the lack of posts in the next few weeks (if you are even at all bothered haha) Tomorrow I move back to London so you can imagine how hectic things will be for me. I shall try and post as regularly as possible though!
Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig