30.12.14

Sharing is caring - A little insight into my life and why I've loved 2014

Four years ago I started to get really ill with a condition called Fibromyalgia/CFS and I had to quit my job as a Textile Designer in London and move home to my parents house. I felt like a total failure and I honestly didn't know what I would do with my life. I missed my life in London, my freedom, my health. I never really talk about my illness as I don't want it to be the first thing people think when they think of me BUT it is a major part of my life. You all see me when I am glammed up, dressed to the nines and sipping on Prosecco at press events... what you don't see is the days I'm too unwell to move or dress or put my make up on. I am in constant, chronic pain and I have become very good at hiding it. Some days I sit and cry at what I've become but then other days I smile from ear to ear; if I hadn't have moved home I don't think I would have started my blog and look at me now! This year I moved back to London and 2014 has treated me exceptionally well.

I feel so, so proud of this blog and of everything that it has helped me to achieve. This year I featured in Vogue Italia, was filmed by Evans, New Look and Simply Be, met some amazing people and wore some beautiful clothes. The blog keeps growing and so does my love for it and I just want to keep pushing myself to do more things with it. I can post when I feel like it or leave it for a few days when I'm too sick and I love the freedom it gives me. I some times have to cancel invites or turn down opportunities due to my illness but thankfully all the brands I work with are really understanding and so are my friends (both blogger pals and my group of wonderful friends)

The constant emails, tweets and comments that you all send to me are a huge part of why I keep posting. I have been bought to tears on a number of occasions after reading your kind words - I am so happy that I have been able to inspire you guys and show you that fashion is fun, accessible to all and that it's ok to experiment with it.

Thank you again for your support - I try to answer all your questions/reply to all your emails but sometimes it's hard but I want you to know I appreciate them all. Here is a little roundup of my fave outfits I have worn this year and here's to 2015 - I am already so excited about the things in store for me and my wee blog.







Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig