9.6.14

50s Hen Party

On Saturday, I glammed myself up and headed to a hen do for one of my best friends. The theme was 1950s and I chose to channel the whole Mad Men, uber-feminine, lady like vibe of that era.

I originally thought I wanted to wear a 50s style prom dress but when this ASOS Curve co-ord (top and skirt) caught my eye I knew I had to order it and try it on. When it arrived, I wasn't disappointed. I sized up on the skirt and I am so happy I did as if I had gone with my normal size, it would have been too small. I sized up on the top as well but in my opinion this wasn't necessary. The skirt and the top are made from the same thick material that is lovely and weighty and feels really nice and expensive. I didn't realise when I saw it online that the top was so long. I had envisaged it to be a little more cropped. If you decide to tuck the top into the skirt like I did, make sure you smooth it down underneath as it can look a little lumpy, what with there being so much length to the top.

I am big on co-ordinating sets at the moment and think that they look really sophisticated. I tend to wear a lot dresses and it felt nice to wear a two piece on a night out for a change. I even braved getting my legs out....something I haven't done on a night out for a longggggggg time. I wore little shorts underneath the skirt and I like that although my legs where on show, the skirt was nice and long and there was no risk of flashing my cellulite whilst I threw some shapes on the dance floor later on in the evening.




I curled my hair using my ghds, set it with lots of spray, pinned one side back and my friend helped me create a big roll which we pinned and sprayed. It stayed in place all night which I thought was impressive! I wore these River Island flower earrings, old Zara heels, and my old Topshop handbag and my La Diva lipstick by Chanel.


We went for Champagne High Tea at BB Bakery in Covent Garden, followed by cocktails in Camden and then we danced the night away at Koko. The day/evening was sooo good, the bride to Be looked incredible (as did all the hens) and here are a few snaps from the day....before it all got a little too sweaty!



The beautiful Bride to Be!
I've put together a selection of items so you can recreate my look, or if you aren't sure about wearing a two piece co-ordinating set here are some other 50s inspired pieces you can wear this summer.






Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig