22.6.14

Don't forget Dorothy Perkins

When I was sixteen, Dotty P's was my favourite shop. I was in their jeans all the time and loved their tops and shoes. In recent years I must admit I have tended to forget they exist and when I'm doing my weekly (sorry who am I trying to kid, DAILY online trawls) it isn't a shop I think to check out.

I looked a few weeks back when they had lots of their beautiful pastel items but didn't buy anything but when I went on last week, I spotted this beautiful palm leaf dress and at £19 I thought it seemed like a bargain! It wasn't until I received it that I realised it was actually from their Tall section. This is such a genius idea! I am not the biggest fan of my legs from the knees up so when I do get my pins out, I like to have a dress that hits me at the knees or that hangs lower than them. By buying from the tall range this means the extra length in their dresses will be perfect for me! I am definitely going to be shopping with them again as they go up to a UK22 and they have some lovely bits in at the moment. I went to their AW14 press day and boy do they have some good stuff in store for us!




I spent the day in the park with friends yesterday and decided I wanted to wear something cool and light and this dress, sandals and cardie proved to be the perfect combo. The sandals are my new best friends as they are a dream to walk around in. Brand new and they have never rubbed. They are wide fit and lovely! The cardigan... have you noticed the colour? It's quite hard to miss I guess ;) It's a really fine knit and perfect if you want to cover up but not feel like you're wrapped in a duvet. It's from Monki which isn't a plus size store but they do carry a lot of over sized garments so it's worth having a look online or in one of their shops. The bag is a vintage number from the 50s and it is so different from any of my other bags and I love it. It always makes me feel like such a lady when I use it! The glasses are my prescription Dior glasses from Pretavoir which I always feel fabulous in.

It was such a lovely sunny day and it was the perfect Saturday!

Shiny, happy people! This is Bob my best friend :)

Cupcakes...oh man the toffee banana one was immense

SHOP MY LOOK 






Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig