18.6.14

Cut the crap and wear a thin strap.

I used to hate getting my arms out in summer. I felt like they looked vile and everyone would stop and stare at me. I spent years trying to hide them in sleeves, never letting my arm pits see the light of day.
As I have gotten older I've come to realise the world won't ground to a halt if I show them; when summer now comes around I get them out, let the sun turn my skin golden brown and I free those pits!

This Primark dress is the sort of dress I might have shied away from a few years a go. I spotted it on the rails and remembered my favourite dress from last year and it is pretty much the same shape. It has tiny straps and they are also detachable but I bloody love it. The print is beautiful and I like that it's really long, it goes well below my knees. The back has a stretchy panel which is stripy like the straps are and I like that it's cotton, this means it's nice and cool when it's really hot out there. Check this beautiful ASOS Curve dress out, it's a different colour but means you can create this look if you aren't able to get yourself to a Primark.

I went home to Devon for a few days and the weather was so beautiful! I am so glad I packed this beauty. I wore it with my new sandals from Simply Be (which are for wide feet and very comfy) a clear perspex necklace from Topshop, my leopard print bangle which my friend bought me years a go and I slicked on my new lippy which is from Makeup Store and is called Crimson Matt.

Try it girls, if you don't like it and it makes you feel uncomfortable then at least you know you gave it a shot. I promise you this though, if you get over this hurdle the choices you have in dresses will increase for you. There are some really cute strappy dresses out there this summer... give them a go girls.





SHOP MY LOOK 






Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig