6.3.15

K is for Khaki + Kim K.

Khaki has always been a fashion classic and it has been a staple on the fashion circuit for years and years. Last year we saw designers such as Chanel, Marc Jacobs and Ralf Lauren sending khaki, military and utility styles down the run way; showing us how easy it is to wear these particular trends.

Spring/Summer '15 trends are in full swing now and it only takes a minute of browsing online to see that there is a lot of khaki out there. I spotted this beautiful shirt and when I tried it on; I instantly knew how I was going to style it. Last year I saw Kim Kardashian wearing an entire Balmain look (here) and became OBSESSED with it. The mix of leopard print, green, gold and dark lips got me hooked! I loosely wanted to recreate her look - and voila here it is!

I picked up this leopard print skirt from Missguided+ (similar here) and teamed it with a wide belt from ASOS Curve (similar here) & added some military style collar tips which I bought from ASOS. I haven't worn a wide belt for about 55 years *slight exaggeration* but I enjoyed it I must say. The fabulous mules are from New Look and I like how the gold details further add to the military vibe by looking similar to bullets. My bag is an old H&M purchase (similar here) and I finished off the look with a dark red lip. A few weeks back, Kim K chopped off her hair and rocked a side parting so I thought I'd do the same so that I could really channel Kimmy K vibes. I just wish I had her bottom because that would have really finished the look off!









Photographs by David C Photography

SHOP MY LOOK 




As you can see from my photos, I am also fully embracing the VBO (visible belly outline). Many of us feel self conscious by our tummies and some times I try to wear styles that conceal it. I don't even care that it stands out in this outfit though because a) why try and hide something that is obviously there and b) I'm cute, belly and all!

Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig