21.2.14

Zesty

Last week we saw the launch of Cut For Evans, a fabulous collection designed by two students, Alice Farrow and Rebecca Partington who both won the Evans Design Talent Competition. This collection is the shit.

Insane colours, fantastic kaledescopic prints, great garment shapes and all at a very reasonable price point. I have found other collaborations at Evans to be rather on the expensive side but this collection is definitely a little more purse friendly.

If I had the money I would definitely buy quite a few of the pieces but sadly I am not made of money so I have had to make do with just one for the time being. That one piece is this immense neon printed dress. Made out of a thick scuba material it feels almost like a neoprene texture. This dress does cling to your lumps and bumps but because of the thickness of the fabric it kind of holds you all in and makes you feel all held together... not sure if that makes sense, but I'm sure you know what I mean!


I had to size up for this dress and got a 22 but I reckon I could actually do with a 24. The reason I say this is because the style of dress is meant to be a shift but on me it looks very bodycon-y. I've seen other girls rocking this dress with bare legs, but for me, I felt more comfortable wearing black tights as my legs are so pale they look see-through. The cut out detail at the neckline is what really makes this dress stand out for me. I love details like that that add interest to the garments.



For my makeup/accessories I wore THE brogues. Yes, I know I wear them in like every other outfit post but I seriously lack in the shoe department and I feel that they do go with a lot of the things I wear so who cares! I'm wearing 'Mystic' on my lips by Sleek Makeup which I adore and wear all the time. My earrings where from H&M last year and I love the neon ropes that match the colours in the dress.



I seriously recommend you taking a look at the collection if you haven't already, as its such a gem. Evans have really taken a step in the right direction with this and I seriously hope we see more things like this from them.

What is your favourite piece or is this collection your idea of hell?


Blogger template by pipdig