22.2.14

My nod to the 90s.

The 90s trend is alive and well at the moment and I have seen lots of bloggers, including my bestie, Callie looking fabbbbbulous in their 90s inspired looks. If you haven't already seen her two posts you can see them here and here.

I absolutely LOVE fashion and trends and enjoy updating my wardrobe every season with new items BUT I don't feel like I need to stick to trends just because they are "in". However, having said that I've been so inspired by this trend I knew I had to get an outfit together to show you that you can also tap into this particular trend. I used to dress like an extra out of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air so maybe I should do another outfit post inspired by that type of 90s look?

*Please note that when I uploaded my pics somehow it put this sepia tone onto them and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't remove it and I wasn't going to faff around in photoshop sorting it.  So, they kinda look a little tea stained. More grungey I guess?

The dress with its button down front and sunflower print, in my opinion is really 90s. The fit and flare shape is really lovely and kinda skims my belly and hips. I'm in mixed opinion about this jacket. I kinda hate it yet quite like it at the same time. The denim has a light wash and the knitted sleeves add a kinda "grungey" look to the whole outfit. I think the boots top of the look rather well. Oh, hang on... how could I forget my sun necklace?! Isn't it just amazing? When I saw it online I knew it would be perfect and instantly took me back to my school days. I really wanted a ying-yang one to wear at the same time as this one but I couldn't find one I liked online but I've since spotted this immense one on ASOS.






Dress - ASOS Curve
Jacket - ASOS Curve
Necklace - ASOS
Boots - Office
Lipstick - 'Cyber' by MAC


Have you tapped into this trend or are you leaving 90s fashion well behind you?

Blogger template by pipdig