16.7.14

Carmakoma comes to Evans.


In the last month Evans has introduced a number of brands as part of their Brand Edit. Danish brand Carmakoma is one of those brands and when Evans contacted me and asked if I would like to try some of their pieces I jumped at the chance. Carmakoma has been on my radar for a long time but I've never bought anything from them. I've always seen their clothes on other bloggers and enjoy following their social media pages but for some reason I've never actively gone online to shop their garments.

Now that Carmakoma is available online and in some Evans stores I feel like it's going to be a lot more accessible and I like that I will be able to go into a store and try on the clothes. 

Anyway, on to the clothes! The price points for Carmakoma are a little higher than I would normally pay for clothes BUT if you are after some investment pieces, this is a brand you should investigate. 

I picked this Smudge Print Dress to try and the Lightweight Coat and I am really happy with both pieces. I feel really grown up in this outfit but I can also see myself wearing this dress with bright high heels for a night out with my friends.

The dress is really lovely and light but it doesn't cling to my lumps and bumps like a lot of dresses tend to. The shape is really flattering and you can't really tell from my pictures, but the back hem is slightly lower which I like because when I wear this with my legs on show I like the fact the back of my knees will be covered up.

The jacket, although long sleeved and black is nice and lightweight (as the name suggests) and it'll be perfect for when I go out in the evening and I want to make sure I have a coat with me when I'm falling out of the bar at god knows what time of night ;) The boucle fabric and the popper fastenings on the front jazz this jacket up and I like that although the sleeves are long, I can roll them up my chubby arms. I accessorised todays outfit with my wide fit boots from New Look and an old necklace from H&M which is silver AND NOT GOLD....god, I've changed! 






SHOP MY LOOK 





Check out Carmakoma here and also take a look at the other brands Evans now stock, I love that our options for plus size clothing is forever increasing! 

Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig