24.3.14

Minimal mono

Monochrome is a winning combination for me and when I was recently gifted this *skirt and *top from SimplyBe I instantly fell in love with them; even before I'd tried them on. I love that I am going to be able to wear this set separately as well as together so I will get maximum usage out of them. Have you seen this cocoon style top on the site... I think it'll look amazing paired with this skirt, any other pencil skirt, over a body con dress or even over a maxi dress.

The fabric is a thick waffle type jersey with a fair bit of stretch and I like that even in the white sections, you can't see what type of underwear I'm wearing. I ordered my usual size in both the top and the skirt and they are spot on.

I was brave today and bared my legs, but I instantly regretted it as it is freezing out there today. I wouldn't want to wear this combo with tights though, as I think a bit of flesh is needed to break up the expanse of fabric.

I'm wearing my bargain boots I picked up in TKMaxx today and I love them but they are very tight across the top. I'm going to need to break these bad boys in I think. The necklace is a new gem from Topshop and I bought it whilst I was out shopping with Callie before our trip to Amsterdam. I will be writing a post soon on the outfits I wore whilst away so keep your eyes peeled for that one. I had such a good weekend away and LOVED all the outfits I wore.

What do you think of my new lipstick? It's a taupe/grey colour (524) and I've wanted to try a shade like this for ages! It's from beauty brand Kiko and it's the first thing I've purchased from them. It's immense. Very nicely pigmented and the application is very smooth. I think they are a bargain price as well. Check out their site for more lipstick shades and all their other bits.





Do you ladies love monochrome or are you sick of the trend? What about beauty brand, Kiko? Have you bought anything from them and would you recommend any other product from them?
Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr





Blogger template by pipdig