2.3.14

My ultimate nail trio

I wanted to do a little nail polish post as I regularly change my nail polish colours and base coats etc but I have finally found my perfect nail products and wanted to share them with you.

1) Base - This Mavala Ridge Filler is the perfect base coat for me, especially when I apply a light coloured nail varnish. My nails can sometimes be quite uneven and 'ridgey', even after I have buffed them and smoothed them out with a file. I found that in the past when I applied light colours to my nails, they always looked shit and I couldn't get the same even application I normally do when I apply darker shades. When you apply this ridge filler it does exactly what it says on the tin/bottle and dries quickly giving you a perfect base. It's a teeny bottle but you don't use a lot and I got it from my local shop which is kind of like a super old fashioned House of Fraser, but you can buy it in John Lewis, if you want to that is.

2) Polish - Essie Nail Polish Winter Collection in 'Parka Perfect' is a dreamy shade!! I love the kind of sludgy grey/green colour of it and if you haven't tried Essie polishes before, I highly recommend you do! It applies really well and the brush is a nice shape which helps it go on even better. I stole this one from my Mum, not sure where she bought it from but I've seen Essie polishes online at Nail Polish Direct for £7.99 with free delivery.

3) Top - Behold the best top coat (in my opinion) since Seche Vite. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti Chip Top Coat is also a lot cheaper than Seche Vite (at £5 in Boots, compared to £9). This is also another product that does what it says it's going to do. It made my polish dry in like super sonic time and for someone like me who tends to chip/smudge their polish within half a minute of applying it; it's perfect! I  wear this as my top coat all the time now and it honestly keeps your polish chip free for days and days!



So there you have it. A wee beauty post for you ladies this morning. I hope it is of some use to you and definitely let me know if you have tried the ridge filler or top coat!


Blogger template by pipdig