30.3.14

Mothers Day

My Mother is a glamorous, caring, beautiful woman. I have always been exceptionally close to her and she is by far the most kind hearted person I have ever met, I'm so proud to call her my Mum. As a treat this morning I bought her breakfast in bed and she opened some presents and cards from my Brother and I. We spent a lazy morning getting ready and then we all went to lunch in a local pub. I'm so full I feel like I could burst!!

As it is Mothering Sunday I fancied dressing in really feminine, girly way and I thought my *2 in 1 Floral Prom Dress (similar found here) which was gifted to me by Scarlett & Jo would be the perfect thing. I've worn this dress a number of times already and I really do love it. I have also worn this dress at a Scarlett & Jo photo shoot so keep your eyes peeled for those photos! A few other plus size bloggers, two professional models and I enjoyed a day playing dress up and being photographed in Central London, it was such a lovely day. I will feature that shoot here on the blog once the photos have been released.



The dress has a jersey top half which has a lot of stretch to it, an elasticated belt attached to the dress which really sinches you in at the waist and the floral print prom skirt is fully lined with a layer of light netting to give the skirt a really lovely pouffy look. It's so comfortable to wear, the print looks great and I received a number of compliments from a few different ladies whilst we were out! My little pointed heels were from M&S last year and the holographic clutch bag was from the New Look sale months ago sadly. There are lots of them still available on the high street though.

A wee selfie to show you my gorgeous Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet lipstick in 'La Diva"
I have decided to feature my Mummy dearest here on the blog today for two reasons. One is because it is Mothers Day and she means the world to me and absoloutley loves my blog so I thought i'd let you all see how gorgeous she is and the second reason is because the lovely people over at Bon Prix gifted me the blue "leather" jacket she is wearing and sadly, although it is very nice, it didn't suit me. My Mum LOVES when I get blogger mail and always likes to see what I've been sent and as soon as she saw this jacket she fell in love with it!! I contacted the Bon Prix gang and they said that it was totally ok for Mum to have it. How lovely is that?! Mum is stupidly happy about this jacket, the colour suits her blonde hair so nicely and the fit it perfect. There we go, one very happy Mummy! This exact jacket no longer seems to be on the site but they have a very similar one available which can you can see here.




Isn't she just the cutest thing you have ever seen? I hope you are all enjoying your weekends and you've been able to get out into the glorious sunshine.
Be sure to follow me over on my:
Twitter / Blog Lovin / Pinterest / Instagram / Tumblr
Blogger template by pipdig