14.11.13

Very Berry

Oohhh I do love when a plan for an outfit comes together!

I bought this beautiful jacket from River Island a few weeks back and went with the largest size they have which is obvs a UK18 and on this occassion it was the best choice for me.  I have a few blazers/jackets from RI in a 16 and they fit really well.  It's my number one store for jackets.  Their prices are incredible.  I just wish they carried larger sizes as I know a lot of you struggle in RI.  I always, always have a look in store/online though as they carry a lot of over size tops now and it's worth having a hunt.  This peplum jacket that I wore recently to Plus London is another River Island fave ... £20 in the sale BARGAIN. I love it!

The print on the jacket, as you can see is absolutely beautiful.  LOOK at those colours!! I will be able to wear this jacket over so many different colours, I can see it being a firm fave of mine.  One colour that is everywhere at the moment is berry.  Now, a few weeks back I mentioned that I had a slight aversion to all things maroony/burgundy.  Well, berry isn't far off from maroon but I've found it nearly impossible to ignore this particular colour this season.


The dress underneath my fabulous jacket is from Very and is available online here. South, the company who made it often have beautiful dresses and my favourite from back in the summer was also a South special.  This particular dress goes up to a 24 and I got my usual size in it but I think I would prefer a size up as it is a little too tight on the old bazookas.  The heavy pleats are lovely and I like how they stay relatively closed. The lace sleeves and cut out at the front give this skater style dress a little something extra. It's a very flattering shape on me (in my opinion) but be aware for those who have a problem getting their legs out; it is quite a short skirt.


I tied this outfit together with my rose gold brogues, raspberry nail varnish, nude lipstick and colourful jewellery.  I have to admit, this is one of my favourite outfits I've put together recently and I think I will end up wearing it quite a bit.




Dress - Very
Jacket - River Island
Brogues - old New Look
Necklace - old H&M
Bangle - Vintage
Ring - old H&M
Earrings - old ASOS
Lipstick - Apocolips in Shooting Star
Nail varnish - Barry M 'Raspberry 

Have a look on the River Island website ladies, even if you can't wear the majority of their pieces, they do do a lot of beautiful kimono style jackets, over sized tops and don't get me started on their shoes/accessories.  I spend a fortune in that place.

Have a nice evening everyone and thank you again for taking the time out each day to read my drivel.



Blogger template by pipdig