8.11.13

Plus London and a note about blogging in general.


Last weekend saw another fabulous event for us plus size ladies to attend. Plus London, organised by a handful of brilliant women was a chance for us to come together, meet fellow fatties, fellow bloggers, meet with well established brands, meet with new brands, listen to talks, watch presentations, drink with fellow fat women, try on vintage dresses, smoke shit loads of fags with fellow smokers, pose for ootd posts, pose in front of cameras with props, learn about fat fashion, try yoga, learn about sexuality etc etc etc. That long list shows some of the things you COULD do at this event if you WANTED to. The fact we as fat women have the opportunity to attend such events now a days is incredible. I've attended a number of pro fat events this year and thought that every single one had both good things and bad things about them.

You should be allowed to take what ever the hell you like away from an event and if Plus London was merely a chance to get pissed and dance with fellow fat people....who gives a shit?! The organisers should be proud of what they achieved. Everyone who attended will of benefited from it and even those who didn't will benefit from just reading about it/knowing such events exist!

I was down to attend both the Saturday and the Sunday but due to shitting and vomiting my insides out on the days leading up to the weekend, I only managed to attend the Saturday brands day. I'm sad I missed out on the Sunday BUT the majority of the activities on the Sunday were not actually my cup of tea but that's ok though because not everything is going to appeal to everyone. Just because I didn't attend on the Sunday or that altering clothes/yoga is not my cup of tea doesn't mean I'm not supportive of this fat community. Just turning up to an event is supporting it. A tweet, message, email of support to the organisers of an event (even if you can't go to it) is also support and I know full well not everyone supported Becky and Toni when it was their turn back in the summer to host Plus North.

Do what you do, don't feel pressured to blog about anything you don't want to or be made to feel bad if you don't cover every fat issue there is out there. If your thing is purely blogging outfit posts, do that. If your thing is empowering people through political chat, do that. If you're passion is fashion (LOL) and you enjoy inspiring women to feel confident through their makeup choices/clothing choices, do that. I don't know jack shit about politics and I struggle to articulate myself when it comes to stuff like that but I do enjoy reading about it. I know I have style and not just as a 'plus size' blogger but as an individual in general and my thing here on this blog is just to fill your eyes with beautiful imagery of myself/other women/fashion/accessories etc.

I know there's a place for me in this blogging world as the response I've had from fellow bloggers/readers has been nothing but positive (that I know of) and I was worried about not sounding intelligent or political enough at the start of this week but now you know what?... I'm gunna carry on taking selfies, reviewing items I get sent for free, showcasing items I've bought with my own money, inspiring women of all sizes and supporting my fellow bloggers on a daily basis.

Here are some shots from the day and what I wore for both the day and evening part of the event.

Plastering on the makeup (more than usual) made me feel happy to face the day.

Dress - Asos/Jacket - River Island/Boots - Office/Necklace - Galibardy/Earrings - Topshop 

Posing with my entry into the Simply Be 'Be' competition.

Goodies on show at the Simply Be stand

More Simply Be goodies...loving the boots!

Clymdraws - hired by Simply Be to illustrate people whilst at the event

Loved my illustration! 

Ladies getting their hair and makeup done by Betty Pamper and the Pamper Box

Diablo Daniels - Rapping Burlesque Badass

Dress - Lovedrobe/ Lipstick - Mystic by Sleek Makeup 

Absolutely love this dress. So glam and the puffed up shoulders are immense. Emerald green earrings thanks to Habbibis Jewellery Box

Photo of Naomi, Rikke and myself c/o of Rikke 



Blogger template by pipdig